Friday, April 8, 2011

Different ears, Different hearing

This lab was really interesting. It tested our hearing with small ears and enhanced ears. It helped us see the comparisons of animals with big ears and animals with small ears hearing differences. This really made me see how animals feel that had small ears because the class was talking while the wind was blowing and that would be hard for an animal if their prey was approaching they wouldnt be able to hear it if the wind was blowing.

I didnt get to listen for the pen click with my regular ears, but I think I would be able to hear it better with the enhanced ear because the sound would echo off of the plate into my ear.

Here are some animals with big ears:

Australian Kangaroo




Baby Bobcat

Fennec Fox


Baby Long-Eared Hedgehog


Long-Eared Jerboa




Animals with small ears:
Arctic Fox

Baby Ferrets

Hippos
Animals use their ears for hearing, cooling themselves, or they have to have it to adapt to their environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment